Nordic Walking is an accessible activity that can be shared by people of different fitness levels. It’s ideal for people who haven’t exercised for a while or who dislike the gym.
Using specially designed poles to enhance the natural walking experience and with a technique that is similar to the upper body action of cross country skiing, Nordic Walking is a whole body exercise that can be enjoyed by almost anyone.
This means that you:
- burn up to 46% more calories compared with walking without poles
- release tension in the neck and shoulders (especially good if you work at a desk all week)
- improve your posture and gait
- strengthen your back and abdominal muscles
- reduce the impact on your joints
and because Nordic Walking doesn’t feel like hard work you’ll be happy to walk further and for longer.
If you’d like to shed a few pounds, then Nordic Walking is an enjoyable way to do it. It’s great for fitness enthusiasts who like to try new things. Whatever your age you’ll probably enjoy discovering the benefits of Nordic Walking that improve your quality of life, like 10+ million people around the world.